CAPITAL CITY ELECTRIC APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM
What is it?
The apprenticeship program offered by Capital City is unprecedented and will only be made available to the best and brightest. This program shall include fully paid apprenticeship training tuition for 4 years at the IEC. Qualified persons will be employed at Capital City Electrical and will be working on a service truck with a Master Electrician through the 4-year apprenticeship training. In addition, candidates will receive top pay and full benefits through the process.
What if I’m in high school?
We invite candidates to apply while still in high school, and we will provide direction and advice to help you qualify for the program once you graduate. In addition, you may also be given an opportunity to work during your summer breaks to gain invaluable experience through a summer internship program. This experience may very well give you a chance of being selected when you graduate from high school.
What are the minimum qualifications?
- Must be 18 or older (to begin work). Under 18 may still enroll for guidance throughout their high school career
- Must be in high school, trade school or college to submit application and must have a High School Diploma to be considered
- Must be able to speak English and have good communication skills
- Must be mechanically inclined and have a basic understanding of hand and power tools
- Must be safety minded
- Must have a valid GA driver’s license to begin the program
- Must have a GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Must have three (3) references from teachers. References will be heavily weighed
- Must be physically fit
- Must have good High School attendance record with fewer than 10 days missed in a year
- Must sign 5-year contract with Capital City Electric if selected for the program
- Interview, drug test, driving record and background check will be required. Cannot have a DUI or criminal record
- Summertime work with Capital City from age 16-graduation may be accepted